Lord we thank you that you have created us to be in relationship with you. We praise you because you love us so much that you have called us to yourself through your son Jesus Christ. Lord may we always look to your steadfast love and put our hope in you.
READ PSALM 42
“By day the Lord commands his steadfast love, and at night his song is with me, a prayer to the God of my life." PSALM 42:8
- Do you ever feel spiritually thirsty? Do you ever desire more of God? Do you ever ask God where He is?
- That is exactly what we see in Psalm 42. How does the psalmist phrase it in verse 1?
- How is our need for God highlighted by likening it to our hunger and thirst?
- In verse 5 The psalmist asks themselves a question – write it down?
- What is the immediate response?
- No matter what, our hope is in God alone! In verse 8 we see a reminder of who we are putting our hope in. Write down the way God is described.
- El Hayyay is the “God of my life”. What does it mean to you to make the Almighty Father the God of my life?
- Is there something that you are hungering or thirsting for more than God. Pray about it and ask God to help you make Him your satisfaction!
Lord may look to you alone to satisfy our hunger. May you fill our thirsty souls with more of you! May you be always El Hayyay – the God of our life. We are kingdom citizens – help us to remember this as you pour yourself into us through your Spirit. We need you Lord – “Let your steadfast love, O Lord, be upon us, even as we hope in you.” (Psalm 33:22) Amen….