How to Act Like a True Christian – Digging Deep Into Romans 12:9-21
“Outdo one another in showing honor.”
Ask the Spirit to guide you as you read God’s word for today. Remember to read the entire passage.
- Romans 12:10b is the opposite of what our culture encourages. It is not all about ME ME ME. Instead, who is our example (Philippians 2:1-11)?
- What does Philippians 2:3 tell us about how we should think about others?
- Do you think this only applies to our friends and family (see Matthew 5:44)?
- It’s sometimes difficult to be nice or even to pray for someone we do not like. But, Genesis 1:27 has a great reminder. Write it down.
- Now, insert the name of a person into verse 1:27. Then, write down a prayer for them.
- Christ is our example. No matter how broken or sinful the person, he took time to stop, encourage, & love those he came in contact with. Ask Him who you need to be showing more honor, then ask Him to change your heart and equip you with His love.
This life really is all about Jesus. When we seek to emulate His sacrificial love, we teach others who He is. Go…Outdo yourself today! Praying for you…