Ask the Spirit to guide you as you read God’s word for today. Remember to read the entire passage
“And if anyone does not stumble in what he says, he is a perfect man,able also to bridle his whole body.”
- In James 3:2 he tells you what the ability to bridle your tongue will allow you…what is it?
- The two analogies James gives us show how small parts controls an entire vessel. How is the tongue similar?
- James calls our tongue a fire. Where does that fire come from?
- What is the consequence of starting a fire with your tongue?
- What are the two very different purposes you use your mouth for?
- “My brothers, these things ought not to be so.” If we know that from our heart our mouth speaks (Luke 6:45a), what can Psalm 51:7-12 tell us about how God can equip us to live life with a tongue from heaven?
- Are there any changes you need to make in your life…does your tongue bless our curse? From your mouth can come praises, encouragement and life, or bitterness, gossip, anger, and harsh criticism. Ask God to create in you a pure heart. Pray Psalm 51:7-12 now and begin your journey to a transformed tongue.
Choose today to bridle your tongue. Ask God to change your heart and mouth. I will be praying for you!