Father God, help us to see Jesus as the one who does your will. The one who offers us a life transforming gift when we choose to look on Him and believe.
READ John 6:35-40
“Jesus said to them, ‘I am the bread of life; whoever comes to me shall not hunger, and whoever believes in me shall never thirst. 36 But I said to you that you have seen me and yet do not believe. 37 All that the Father gives me will come to me, and whoever comes to me I will never cast out. 38 For I have come down from heaven, not to do my own will but the will of him who sent me. 39 And this is the will of him who sent me, that I should lose nothing of all that he has given me, but raise it up on the last day. 40 For this is the will of my Father, that everyone who looks on the Son and believes in him should have eternal life, and I will raise him up on the last day.’” John 6:35-40
- What does Jesus claim to be and what does that satisfy?
- What does verse 38 tell us about Jesus?
- Using verses 39 & 40 write down what God’s will for His Son is.
- When we choose to look on the Son and believe we are given eternal life – Alleluia! Looking at verses 37 and 40 what does Jesus tell us about that promise?
- Jesus came to the will of the Father – to save those who look to Him in faith and trust Him for their salvation. Have you put your full faith and trust in Christ and His saving work on the cross?
Lord God you sent your Son to do your will. You sent your Son to be the propitiation for our sins. You have ordained that He would raise up His followers on the last day! Lord, help us to live according to this truth. Lord help us to have “the eyes of your hearts enlightened, that you may know what is the hope to which he has called you, what are the riches of his glorious inheritance in the saints” (Ephesians 1:18-19).