How to Act Like a True Christian – Digging Deep Into Romans 12:9-21
“Abhor what is evil.”
Ask the Spirit to guide you as you read God’s word for today. Remember to read the entire passage.
“For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the cosmic powers over this present darkness, against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly places.”
- When did evil make it’s first appearance (see Genesis 3. Especially 3:21-24)?
- Who initiated it’s entrance?
- Ephesians 6:12 reflects on exactly that. Rejecting evil is rejecting who?
- Ephesians 6 goes on to remind us how to combat this spiritual darkness. What are the pieces of armor.
- Romans 1:18-32 gives us a glimpse of evil in our world. Yet…we are told instead how to live our lives (1 Peter 1:14)?
- We can live transformed lives through the blood of Jesus. He allows us to overcome evil by the power of the cross. I try to use Philippians 4:8 as a benchmark in regards to what I watch, listen to, say. Write down the things we are called to think about.
We are called to take every thought captive and make it obedient to Christ. May Jesus guide and protect you as you seek to reject evil and follow the way of the truth! Praying for you…