Father God, in this new year may the love of Christ control us. Lord, help us to see ourselves as you see us, and help us to live & love as the new creations that we are.
READ 2 Corinthians 5:14-21
“For our sake he made him to be sin who knew no sin, so that in him we might become the righteousness of God.”
2 Corinthians 5:21
- Why does Paul conclude that the love of Christ controls him?
- The next statement we see is a “therefore” – because we know that the love of Christ controls us & because Christ is no longer regarded in the flesh – we now know what fact about ourselves as Christians (v. 17)?
- What happened to the old?
- What has come?
- What did God complete through Christ?
- God has reconciled us through Christ – what does that mean (v. 19)?
- What does this make us – what has God entrusted to us?
- For our sake… (finish this sentence using verse 21)
- When God looks at you what does He see?
- Write about what it means to become the righteousness of God…
- This is the time of year that we often spend time making resolutions, setting goals and dedicating ourselves to living a better life. But the reality is – when we become Christians we already have a new life. Let’s set out this year to embrace who Christ has already made us to be. Let us live in His sufficiency seeking His will and His purpose for ourselves. Let’s start to look at who the Bible tells us that is!
Dear Father God, help us to realize who we are in Christ. Help us to see ourselves the way that you see us, and help us to make ourselves available so that you can continue transform us knowing that you who have begun a good work in us will see it though to completion.