Lord God, thank you that the story did not end at the cross. Help us to see a picture of our risen Savior in your word today.
READ Matthew 28:16-20
“All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all that I have commanded you. And behold, I am with you always, to the end of the age.” Matthew 28:18-20
- What has God given to Jesus?
- With that authority, Jesus gives what directive?
- He gives a specific command about who are to be made disciples and how this is done. Write it down.
- Then – he gives one of the most comforting passages in scripture. What does he tell us in Matthew 28:20?
- Has this passage helped you see Jesus and your relationship with him in a new way?
- How does that change the way you will approach life in the new year?
Lord we are so thankful that you have equipped us with the gift of your Holy Spirit. You have given us a purpose and have not left us alone to fulfill it. Today, help us to see your plan more clearly and help us to trust you to guide us, knowing that you will indeed fulfill the purpose you have for each one of us (Psalm 138:8). In Jesus Name – Amen