Lord God, you have made clear in your word that you have offered us salvation by one name only. May we understand more clearly today the truth of the Messiah – the one deliverer.
READ John 10:7-11
“‘I am the door. If anyone enters by me, he will be saved and will go in and out and find pasture.'” John 10:9
In the first part of Chapter 10 of the book of John, Jesus talks about himself and his sheep. We are going to break this down into a couple of different sections over today & tomorrow to look at what He reveals about himself.
- Did Jesus say I am “a” door? No! He says He is _____door. What does that reveal about the way to the kingdom of God?
- What happens when we choose to enter through Jesus (verse 9)?
- What does Jesus say about the many false teachers who have tried to like like the savior? What do they offer?
- In contrast, what kind of life does Jesus offer?
- It is a common belief in this time of moral relativism and “spirituality” that we can earn our way to heaven or that there are many paths. But Jesus is very specific here about the way to salvation and abundant life. Take time today to focus on Christ and what He offers you.
Thank you Jesus that you have made a way for us. Thank you Jesus that you offer us salvation, freedom and provision – a truly abundant life. Lord may we be as David in Psalm 18 and declare “I love you, O Lord, my strength. The Lord is my rock and my fortress and my deliverer, my God, my rock, in whom I take refuge, my shield, and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold.”