Lord God help us to grow to understand more of who you are by what we study in your word. Who we see of Jesus and the lessons He taught as those around Him struggled to fully understand just as we do. Lord transform our minds to be like yours.
READ Luke 22:24-27
“A dispute also arose among them, as to which of them was to be regarded as the greatest. 25 And he said to them, “The kings of the Gentiles exercise lordship over them, and those in authority over them are called benefactors. 26 But not so with you. Rather, let the greatest among you become as the youngest, and the leader as one who serves. 27 For who is the greater, one who reclines at table or one who serves? Is it not the one who reclines at table? But I am among you as the one who serves.” Luke 22:24-27
- What were Jesus’s disciples arguing about?
- Seems a little crazy that they are seated with the King of Kings and Lord of Lords and they are arguing about which one of them is the greatest. Jesus instead tells them what the greatest looks like in His kingdom – write it down.
- Jesus then contrasts what the picture of greatness looks like from a worldly perspective. Write it down.
- How do these two world views differ?
- Even as Lord of all Jesus instead gives himself which title (read also Mark 10:42-45).
- How is God calling you to serve Him today?
Lord serving you can look like many things. Help us to hear your call, see the need in our families and neighborhoods and offices. May we serve as Christ came to serve, may we love with the love that comes from you. In Jesus Name…