Lord as we begin the celebration of the birth of our Savior, Jesus Christ, help us to look to him with rejoicing for what He has done for us. Help us understand who He is more each day and help us watch with anticipation for His return.
“The zeal of the Lord of hosts will do this.”
Anticipating Jesus. From the foundation of time people waited. Waited for the coming Messiah. And now… we wait for his return. As we begin the season of Advent – we celebrate the one who has come. The one has saved us from our sin. The one who makes us whole and new and sealed. The one who brings light and hope and love to a dark and desolate place. We celebrate the one who is to come who will usher in the new heavens and the new earth. The one who reigns!
- What does it mean to you that the light of Christ has shown into this “land of deep darkness”?
- What picture of Christ’s ability to conquer do you see in this passage – write the verses down.
- Using verse 6, take each title and write down the traits they carry. What does this tell you about Jesus?
- What does verse 7 reveal about the fulfillment of this scripture?
- How can you shine the light of Christ today?
Lord may we trust in the truth of your word. May we each shine your light before men that they will see our good works and give glory to you. May you transform our hearts and minds so that we can be effective stewards of the gifts you have given us and may we bring you glory in all we do and say. In Jesus Name…