Remember to take time to pray & read the entire passage before you begin.
I praise you,
for I am fearfully and wonderfully made.
Wonderful are your works;
my soul knows it very well.
The whole of Psalm 139 is beautiful and thought provoking. It reminds us how intimately God knows us, our thoughts, our path, our words, our heart, and the intricate workings of our body. “How precious to me are your thoughts, O God! How vast the sum of them!” Psalm 139:17. We can not even begin to comprehend the mind of God. But we can see a glimpse in His word and trust the truth about who we are in Him.
- Who created you?
- Write down all the words used to describe this process?
- Formed, Knit together, intricately woven. I just love these words because they help me to visualize God’s artistic work in each one of us. Isaiah 64:8 says, “But now, O Lord, you are our Father; we are the clay, and you are our potter; we are all the work of your hand.” What does it mean to you to be crafted by the divine Potter?
- If all of God’s works are wonderful (v. 14) what does that say about you?
- Read Psalm 139:16 and write down two fact about yourself you gain from this verse.
- Your identity and God’s plan for you existed before He even created your body what does this say about His plan and purpose for you?
You are a creation of God! You are intricately woven together by Him. His masterpiece with a plan and a purpose (Jeremiah 29:11).Alleluia.
Praying that today you would know the truth of God’s word – you are a creation of God! May you trust Him with each day because He has written each one in His book.
2 thoughts on “Woven”
Loved this today. I realized how God knew these plans from before I was formed. When I resist and am ungrateful I have sinned against God. I fail to see the blessings in what I have because I’m always looking at what I want. How foolish when we know that God is for us. That His ways are perfect. May I have a grateful heart and look for God in my circumstances. He has had the plan from before I was conceived. Praise and thanks be to God. I’m thankful for you.
Thanking God for you and how you have helped me and so many others learn about who they are in God’s eyes. His ways & plans are perfect, and I am so grateful that my path began being knit together in your loving womb.