How to Act Like a True Christian – Digging Deep Into Romans 12:9-21
“Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.”
Ask the Spirit to guide you as you read God’s word for today. Remember to read the entire passage.
2 Timothy 1:7
“For God gave us a spirit not of fear but of power and love and self-control”
2 Timothy 1:7
- According to Romans 12:21 what is God’s plan for overcoming evil?
- As we see this world filling with more and more immoral and evil acts we can be certain it is not by accident. What does Ephesians 6:12 & 2 Corinthians 4:4 tell us about who we are fighting against.
- But, if you know Jesus, God has provided His Spirit to dwell within you. Using 2 Timothy 1:7 describe the spirit that lives in you?
- We are not called to overcome evil on our own. No, God has given us His very own Spirit! Jesus Himself shared with us how the Spirit would aid us in doing good and defending ourselves against evil. Write down His promise in Luke 12:11-12.
- We can overcome evil with the love of Christ by the power of the Holy Spirit that dwells within us. Ask the Lord to give you insight and discernment about how to do good in the face of evil…write out your prayer.
Praying “that our God may make you worthy of his calling and may fulfill every resolve for good and every work of faith by his power, so that the name of our Lord Jesus may be glorified in you, and you in him, according to the grace of our God and the Lord Jesus Christ.”
2 Thessalonians 1:11