How to Act Like a True Christian – Digging Deep Into Romans 12:9-21
“If possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all.”
Ask the Spirit to guide you as you read God’s word for today. Remember to read the entire passage.
2 Timothy 2:22-26
“And the Lord’s servant must not be quarrelsome but kind to everyone, able to teach, patiently enduring evil, correcting his opponents with gentleness.”
2 Timothy 2:24-25
- According to 2 Timothy 2:22-26, what are we called to flee?
- Instead, we should pursue what?
- We are also called to avoid what activity?
- How are we to approach our opponents?
- Why are we called to correct our opponents misconceptions with gentleness?
- In your opinion what is the difference between quarreling & correcting?
- We do not have control over how others act or react, only in the way that we act or react. How does 2 Timothy 2:22-26 help you to understand, “so far as it depends on you”?
- We are the example of God’s love…we are the example of God’s grace…we are the example of God’s truth. Ask the Lord to guide you as you stand firm in His truth & share it with gentleness.
Remember, it does not say, “walk away” or “avoid”. No it says, correct your opponents with gentleness. Praying for you!