How to Act Like a True Christian – Digging Deep Into Romans 12:9-21
“Do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly.”
Ask the Spirit to guide you as you read God’s word for today. Remember to read the entire passage.
“You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind, and your neighbor as yourself.”
- Paraphrase Romans 12:16b.
- As Christians we are not to think of ourselves as better than anyone. Still, according to Luke 10 who are we called to love first.
- Our love of God is entire and complete. Write down each way we are called to love God.
- Honoring God by being faithful to Him and to His word must come first in our lives. What is the second great commandment?
- It is so easy to think of ourselves first or better than others, but here we are told to love others as we love ourselves. Think of the ways you sometimes love yourself or put yourself above others.
- Confess this now and ask Him to help see ways you can serve the lowly so that they will see His love and give Him glory!
We never know who we are entertaining when we choose to help those in need (Hebrews 13:2). Seek to serve God by loving our neighbors. Praying for you!