How to Act Like a True Christian – Digging Deep Into Romans 12:9-21
“ Bless those who persecute you; bless and do not curse them.”
Ask the Spirit to guide you as you read God’s word for today. Remember to read the entire passage.
“‘This is a trustworthy saying, and everyone should accept it: “Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners”—and I am the worst of them all. But God had mercy on me so that Christ Jesus could use me as a prime example of his great patience with even the worst sinners. Then others will realize that they, too, can believe in him and receive eternal life.‘”
1 Timothy 1:15-16 NLT
- Persecution can include many acts, actions & attitudes. Write down what the word means to you.
- Despite what persecutions may come, as Christians we are called to respond in what way?
- Using 1 Timothy 1:15-16, why would God call us to respond with blessings?
- Jesus said, “Love one another as I have loved you,” (John 13:34). How are those who spit hate ever going to see true love unless we show them. Write down some ways you can share the love of Christ to those who oppose His truth.
- It can be as simple as a smile or as deep as sharing the story of salvation-Jesus. Pray that the Lord will guide you each day to spread His love and bless those who persecute you (1 Peter 3:15).
Praying that God will provide you strength, wisdom and words to bless…