Digging Deep Into Romans 12:9-21
“Let love be genuine.”
Ask the Spirit to guide you as you read God’s word for today. Remember to read the entire passage.
“Having purified your souls by your obedience to the truth for a sincere brotherly love,
love one another earnestly from a pure heart, since you have been born again,
not of perishable seed but of imperishable, through the living and abiding word of God”
1 Peter 1:22-23
- What is Truth (to find out what Jesus said look up John 8:31, John 14:6, John 18:37) ?
- How do we purify our soul (see 1 John 3:3)?
- What is the result of our transformed life… our souls have become pure through Christ for a reason. What is it?
- Who are we to love (see John 15:12)?
- How are we to love?
- The definition of “earnest” is – showing a sincere & intense conviction. Rewrite 1 Peter 3:22b inserting that definition in place of the word earnest. Love one another…
- Still, earnest love will mean nothing unless we have what heart condition?
- What does the word pure mean to you?
- This pure, earnest love pours out of us as a result of what?
- Respond… is there anything you need to change? What does “Genuine Love” look like to you?
He has poured out Himself for you! Jesus is the Way the Truth & the Life. You have been eternally transformed by Christ.
– SO –
Love with a heart made new by the Spirit that lives within you!