Ask the Spirit to guide you as you read God’s word for today. Remember to read the entire passage
1 Corinthians 1:18-31 NLT
“The message of the cross is foolish to those who are headed for destruction! But we who are being saved know it is the very power of God.”
1 Corinthians 1:18NLT
- What does Paul tell us the cross represents to non-believers?
- Read Philippians 2:6-9 – Write about how Jesus personified God’s plan for salvation, but not man’s vision.
- Though he was God,
he did not think of equality with God
as something to cling to.
Instead, he gave up his divine privileges
he took the humble position of a slave
and was born as a human being.
When he appeared in human form,
he humbled himself in obedience to God
and died a criminal’s death on a cross.
Therefore, God elevated him to the place of highest honor
and gave him the name above all other names,
that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow,
in heaven and on earth and under the earth,
and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord,
to the glory of God the Father.
- Philippians 2:6-9NLT
- How does Paul describe Christ (1Corinthians 1:24b)?
- What does this passage tell us about the wisdom of God?
- The cross is the “power of God” to those who believe. Include yourself in verses 30& 31 and write it down using the first person.
- Write a prayer asking God to help you see from His perspective and not your own…as you “boast in the Lord.”
He has made us pure….He has made us holy….There is power in the cross…boast in the Lord! I will be praying for you!