Ask the Spirit to guide you as you read God’s word for today. Remember to read the entire passage
“He makes me lie down in green pastures.
He leads me beside still waters.
He restores my soul.
He leads me in paths of righteousness
for his name’s sake.”
- Picture your day yesterday, then picture yourself being led by the Lord as in verse 2. Where does He take you? What is the difference?
- He is the shepherd, you are the sheep. Which path specified here does he walk you down?
- What is the purpose in His path of righteousness?
- When people choose not to walk in His ways it is not peace that results (Romans 1:21-23). Consider the Israelites who did not trust God on the path He chose for them. What is the result (see Deuteronomy 1:26-35) of either of these paths?
- God’s path brings rest, renewal and righteousness and you bring Him glory when you walk in His will. You have a choice today…which path do you choose? Write about it. Ask God to take charge of your day…today and every day!
May His path of righteousness and still waters be yours today and every day! I will be praying for you!