Ask the Spirit to guide you as you read God’s word for today. Remember to read the entire passage
“We consider those blessed who remained steadfast.”
- Are you patient?
- Personally, I struggle with this quality. Here what image does James us to draw us a word picture to help us understand what patience looks like?
- While the farmer waited for rain and his fruit to ripen, do you think he sat on his porch watching?
- No, the farmer diligently works to prepare for the harvest. Likewise, we are called ot prepare our hearts for what purpose?
- The Lord is coming (Mark 13:24-27) we are called to prepare for Jesus’ return. Record the specific action James 5:9 instructs us to take.
- Are you a grumbler – do you speak ill of others and blame them for your circumstances – why?
- Instead, what traits characterize the prophets?
- Those who remain steadfast (firm in belief) are called what?
- Like Job, God has a purpose for all events in your life (Romans 8:28). He will work all things together for your good – even when it doesn’t seem like it. In fact, we are called to thank God in ALL circumstances (1 Thessalonians 5:16-18). Through Job’s life how did God reveal Himself?
- God can reveal himself through your life, too. If you search the word steadfast in the ESV version of the Bible, it is filled with verses about God’s steadfast love. He loves you so much…you can trust in Him (Deuteronomy 7:9), & abide in Him (John 15:5)! He is preparing you today – remain steadfast no matter the trial – He is faithful & His love endures forever! Give God whatever trial you are facing today, remain fixed in Him – His love never fails!
Remain in Him and He will remain in you! I will be praying for you!